I really love salads with quinoa. Not only are they really delicious, the high protein content combined with the salad ingredients make for a very healthy lunch or dinner. While combining quinoa with raw vegetables is great for a quick lunch, I am experimenting with alternative, healthy salads with quinoa as well for variety.
This quinoa salad contains roast vegetables and olives, making for a mediterranean style cold dish packed with good oils and full of flavour.
At home, we eat this for dinner with a roast chicken thigh or vegetarian burgers.
MEDITERRANEAN ROAST VEGETABLE AND QUINOA SALAD
Makes one bowl
1/2 cup quinoa
1 red pepper (in slices)
1 small aubergine (sliced and quartered)
large handful of parsley
75 gram olives
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Arrange the cut pepper and aubergine on a roasting dish and sprinkle with a little olive oil. Season to taste.
3. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 45 minutes, turning them once or twice during this time.
4. Set the roasted vegetables aside to cool down.
5. Add 1 cup of water to the quinoa in a small pan and bring to the boil.
6. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is soft (about 12 – 15 minutes).
7. Fluff the quinoa up with a fork and leave to stand so that it can cool down.
8. Add all cooled down ingredients to a bowl, and add the chopped olives and parsley. Toss together before serving.
9. Serve and enjoy!