It is always a good idea to have some easy, healthy and delicious soup recipes on hand. Soups are so versatile and so easy to make. And autumn is pumpkin time! Pumpkins make for a fabulously creamy, warming and filling soup that everyone loves (including vegetable adversary one year olds). I have added some cabbage for an additional load of vegetables. This soup is easy to make and tastes great reheated too.
CREAMY VEGAN PUMPKIN AND CABBAGE SOUP
Makes about 6 portions
1 medium sized Hokkaido pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cubed
800 ml water
1 red onion, chopped
4 teaspoons of bouillon powder
4 cups of cabbage
Pepper to taste
1. Heat some olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan.
2. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the pumpkin squares and sauté for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the water, the bouillon powder and the cabbage. Bring to a soft boil and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the pumpkin is cooked and soft.
5. Blend everything together with a hand blender and season to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy.