These muffins are a staple in our household. Much beloved by both my boys for breakfast or as a quick snack. They are dense and nutty and sweet, and pack all the proteins and good fats without any sugar or sweetness added. For me, they are also ideal to take to work to serve as a mid morning snack. Incredibly easy to make and they will last a good few days in an airtight container.
NUTTY BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
Makes 10 muffins
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup nut butter (almond or peanut)
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
a handful of linseeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Oil 10 cavities in a muffin tray (I use coconut oil for this)
3. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until combined
4. Divide the batter over the 10 muffin cavities. Each one should be about 3/4 full.
5. Bake in the middle of the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until a tester/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing the muffins and letting them cool down completely on a wire rack.