One of my colleagues, a lovely Peruvian lady, shared her tuna and quinoa dinner on Facebook and she was so kind as to give me the recipe for her patties. I have tweaked to recipe a bit and out came these amazing patties. Easy to make, really tasty and healthy and they are great on a simple salad. With using standard pantry ingredients, these can be whipped up fairly quickly for those rushed evenings too.
TUNA AND QUINOA PATTIES
Makes 6 large patties
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 can of shredded tuna (in brine)
A large handful of parsley, chopped
3 tbsp rice flour
1. Cook the quinoa and let it cool down. See here for cooking instructions.
2. Drain the tuna and flake with a fork
3. In a bowl, combine the quinoa with the tuna, the eggs and the chopped parsley. Season with pepper and add little bits of rice flour until the mixture can be formed into patties.
4. Form 6 patties by scooping a large tablespoon full of mixture into your hands and rolling it into a ball and flattening it.
5. Heat a heavy saucepan (I use a cast iron one), add some olive oil and set it over medium high heat.
6. Fry the patties in the pain until browned, flipping them over to ensure an even cook on both sides.
7. Let them cool slightly, serve and enjoy with a green salad