This dense couscous salad is packed with herbs and fresh lemon flavours. Great to bring to the office for lunch or eat for dinner with some grilled fish or prawns. Yum! It is lovely as a warm salad but can also be cooled down in the fridge and eaten cold, whatever you prefer.
HERBY COUSCOUS SALAD WITH LEMON AND OLIVE OIL DRESSING
Makes one large bowl
300 gram couscous
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of 2 fresh lemons
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
4 small tomatoes, diced
1 cup chopped herbs
1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
handful of rucola leaves
1. Bring couscous with 1.5 times the volume of water to the boil.
2. Simmer for about 8 minutes, until tender.
3. While the couscous cooks, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, zest and pepper into a bowl.
4. Add the cooked couscous to a large bowl, and pour the dressing over the warm couscous and mix well.
5. Let it stand to cool down.
6. In the meantime, toast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan.
7. Add the vegetables and herbs to the couscous and mix well.
8. Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted sunflower seeds over the top.
9. Serve and enjoy.