Some nights just call for a frittata. Warm, healthy, and yummy in endless combinations. Unlike in my home country Holland where kale is a winter staple enjoyed by all with some mashed potato and sausage, one has to go through quite a bit of effort in order to find kale in Germany. So when I stumbled upon some fresh kale in my local organic store, I immediately thought of making this lovely frittata. Green, healthy, quick and very tasty – hope you enjoy it too.
KALE, SPINACH AND PARSLEY FRITTATA
Makes 1 frittata for 2 persons
2 cups curly kale, chopped finely
1 large handful of parsley, chopped finely
1 block of frozen spinach, thawed
1 shallot, diced
Splash of Tabasco
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350F).
2. In an oven proof, heavy based frying pan, sauté the shallot and kale in a little oil.
3. Once the shallot and kale have softened slightly, add the spinach and parsley and sauté for another minute.
4. Divide the vegetables evenly over the pan.
5. In a bowl, beat the 6 eggs together with the pepper and Tabasco.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the pan and heat over medium heat.
7. Once the sides are starting to set, remove from the heat and place the pan into the middle of the preheated oven.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the center of the frittata has set.
9. Cut in slices and serve warm.