Chocolate and coconut. One of the world’s best flavor combinations, competing with chocolate and mint and chocolate and peanut butter. Yes, I am all about the chocolate and this recipe makes my heart content. Beautifully moist snowballs, made with wholesome healthy ingredients, dipped in dark chocolate and covered with shaved coconut. A delicious treat!
GLORIOUS COCONUT CHOCOLATE SNOWBALLS
Makes about 14 snowballs
1 1/2 desiccated coconut
4 tsp coconut oil
6 tsp almond milk
3 tsp honey
50 g dark chocolate unsweetened
1. In a food processor, mix half of the dessicated coconut with the almond milk on high speed until it starts to blend together.
2. Gradually add the remaining dessicated coconut and mix for another few minutes.
3. Add the coconut oil and honey until a cohesive mixture forms.
4. Form about 14 even balls by rolling the mixture between your fingers.
5. Place in the fridge in an airtight container to set for at least an hour.
6. Once the balls have cooled and set, melt the chocolate in a little pan or bowl over some hot water (au bain Marie).
7. Once the chocolate has completely melted, dip the individual balls into the chocolate and turn to completely cover.
8. Place the chocolate covered balls on a piece of baking parchment to set and sprinkle lightly with some coconut shavings.
9. When all balls are ready and set, place them back in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
10. To enjoy, take them out of the fridge and give them 10 minutes to get closer to room temperature.
Although it is hard for me to imagine, if you happen to not be a lover of chocolate you can leave off the chocolate layer and simply roll the snowballs in some dessicated coconut to coat.