After making many chocolate snacks, I thought I try my hand at something a little more fresh and zesty. These lemon coconut energy balls are soft, easy to make, a fabulous snack for on the go and taste as beautiful as they look. All with just the 4 ingredients!
4 INGREDIENT LEMON COCONUT ENERGY BALLS
Makes about 16 energy balls
1 1/2 cup dates
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
1. Chop the dates in a food processor until they are in little pieces.
2. Add the cashews and mix on high to chop up well.
3. Add the coconut and the lemon zest and juice and mix until a cohesive mixture forms and you are happy with the texture. Some people prefer a little chunkier, some people prefer the mixture a little finer.
4. Roll large teaspoons full of mixture into balls between your hands.
5. Fill a little cup or plate with some extra desiccated coconut and roll the balls around to cover.
6. Store in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy!