For people like me, where mornings are always a race against the clock, this is an excellent overnight breakfast recipe that you can have ready to eat or take with you to work in a matter of minutes. It will satisfy hunger after a morning exercise session and will leave you feeling full and satisfied for ages.
NUTTY OATMEAL OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST
Makes 2 to 3 portions
100 gram oats
100 gram cashews
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp linseeds
1 tbsp nut butter
1. Mix the oats and cashews and cover with water to soak overnight.
2. The next morning, strain the mixture.
3. Put the soaked oats and cashes in your food processor or blender and mix on high until quite fine.
4. Add the dates, coconut oil, desiccated coconut and nut butter and mix until creamy.
5. Stir the linseeds through the mixture and spoon into bowls to serve (or directly into your “on the go” container obviously!).
6. Add some banana or berries on top and enjoy!