BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES WITH BANANA AND RAISINS
Makes about 8 medium pancakes
2 cups buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups almond milk
1/4 cup applesauce (or replace with 1 ripe banana)
Plus raisins, a ripe banana and raw honey for the topping
1. In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the applesauce and almond milk and mix well.
2. Sieve the baking powder and buckwheat flour and mix until combined.
3. Heat some butter or coconut oil over medium heat in a pan and add a small cupful of batter. Rotate the pan to spread the mixture evenly.
4. As soon as dry spots (bubbles) begin to appear on the top, flip the pancake and brown the other side for a few minutes before serving.
5. Add toppings of your choice and enjoy warm for breakfast, lunch or dinner!