A mid-morning, mid-afternoon and after dinner favourite for sweet tooth cravings. Flapjacks are great for all occasions. These are nutritious, gluten free and sugar free for an easy
go to snack during the day. And yes, you can have these for breakfast too!
Makes about 20 flapjacks
100 gram dates
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
200 gram oats
1/3 cup of almonds, chopped
1/3 cup of raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place the dates in a small bowl and add 100 ml of boiling water
3. Soak the dates in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
4. In a blender, combine the dates, the water, the banana, the coconut oil and the baking powder and mix until a fairly fine, cohesive mixture is formed.
5. Now add the oats, almonds and raisins and mix until you have your desired flapjack consistency.
6. Press the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
8. Let is cool down before cutting into squares.