So, my kid goes through stages of only eating frozen things. He will eat anything out of the freezer (frozen bread, ice cubes, ice creams, etc) but refuses everything else. That´s when I came up with these
frozen fruit popsicles. I like for him to eat something sustaining and nourishing rather than frozen water or sugary ice creams and these frozen fruit popsicles are a hit. They look gorgeous and contain fruit, fruit and fruit – so very tasty.
Makes about 10 popsicles
4 large strawberries
2 slices of pineapple
Juice of 1 orange
Note: the riper the fruit is the better. Experimenting and changing the fruits around depending on what is in season and available keeps things interesting.
1. Cut up all the fruit into small pieces.
2. Juice the orange and dilute with about the same amount of water.
3. Loosely fill the popsicle forms for 2/3 with the fruit mixture.
4. Top off the forms with the diluted orange juice, pop in the stick and place in the freezer for a couple of hours, until set.
5. For smaller portions, use plastic shot glasses for the same result. The fruit will make the stick stand up well and they make for lovely small bites for little ones.