Snacks with peanut butter, I just cannot get enough of them. These energy bites are an absolute delight. With oats, peanut butter, coconut and dates, they are rich and creamy and amazing. Stick them in your handbag for a quick snack on the go or have them with a little yogurt for breakfast – versatile and delicious for every occasion.
Even our lovely babysitter took the time to WhatsApp me to tell me these are a great staple in the fridge so excuse me for sharing another recipe with my favourite ingredient: peanut butter!
Makes 16 bites
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup peanuts
1 cup dates
2 tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp desiccated cococunut
Pinch of salt
1. In a food processor, mix the oats and cashews to fine consistency.
2. Add the dates and keep mixing until the dates are finely broken down.
3. Pour the almond milk into the food processor while it is turning and mix thoroughly until the mixture comes together.
4. Tip the contents of the food processor into a bowl and mix in the peanut butter, the coconut, and the salt.
5. Roll teaspoons full of mixture into balls between the palms of your hands. You can cover them with a little desiccated coconut if you like.
6. Store these balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.