Granola is a great staple to have in the kitchen. It can be made in advance and makes for a very nutritious breakfast with some natural yogurt or almond/rice milk. Or, for a quick snack, it is perfect to serve with a couple of slices of apple.
This version with peanut butter, nuts and quinoa is completely up my alley and very delicious!
Makes a large jar
1 cup oats
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup sultanas
2 tbsp raw cane sugar or dark muscovado sugar (or substitute honey)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Spread oats, almonds and quinoa onto a lined baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes in the oven.
3. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, peanut butter and muscovado sugar. If your kitchen is cold and the ingredients are not easily combined, place them in a little saucepan over medium heat until they come together.
4. In a large bowl, combine the toasted oats, almonds and quinoa with the sultanas and coconut.
5. Stir the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon to combine.
6. Spread this mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. Wait for the mixture to cool down completely before storing it in an airtight container for about a week.
8. Serve with some yogurt or almond milk for a nutritious and delicious breakfast.