With the weather being so good over the past few months, it seemed like a an excellent time to try out a refreshing breakfast that everyone can enjoy. And since my kiddie still didn’t get over his obsession with frozen things, ice cream bites seemed like a good idea.
These are extremely simple, yet delicious and effective for breakfast and snacking. All you need is an ice cube tray, yogurt, berries and some granola.
Makes 24 bites
1/4 cup granola
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1. Prepare 2 ice cube trays.
2. Cut the blueberries in quarters and divide over the ice cube trays.
3. Sprinkle the granola over the blueberries in the ice cube tray.
4. Fill each cavity with Greek yogurt until 3/4 full.
5. Stir each cavity briefly with a small teaspoon to make sure everything is combined.
6. Cover the ice cube trays and place in the freezer for 3 – 4 hours.
7. Once frozen, the ice cream bites can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer. It is best to line the container with baking parchment to prevent crystals from forming.
8. Take out of the freezer about half an hour before eating to let the bites thaw slightly.