A few weeks ago, I wrote that my good intention for this year is to make more of my food and snacks at home rather than buying premade. And I have been sticking to this. Obviously I love chocolate just as much as the next girl, so I decided to make my own bark for after dinner treats.
It has fresh nuts and mint in it and is incredibly satisfying. I made the bark a little bit thicker than might be usual as I love to get my teeth stuck into a good piece of chocolate and it makes serving individual pieces all that much easier too.
Makes 1 large piece of bark
200 gram good quality dark chocolate (I use Green & Black’s 85%)
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
1/8 cup packed mint leaves, finely chopped
1. Set a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water (without letting it touch the water) and melt the chocolate with the coconut oil, au bain marie.
2. Line a small baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Spread the pistachios and the mint leaves over the baking tray.
4. Pour the chocolate over the pistachios and mint leaves and swirl with a wooden spoon to spread evenly.
5. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
6. On an even surface, break the bark up into bite sized pieces with the back of a knife or wooden spoon.
7. Store in the fridge.