Black bean patties
3 cups black bean, cooked
1 large yellow pepper, remove seed, chop into small pieces
1 small white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large tomato, chopped into small pieces
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 cup all purpose unbleached flour
2 eggs, room temperature
Sea salt and black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, stir well to combine (add more flour if it’s not binding). Season with sea salt and black pepper. In a large skillet,add three tablespoons of oil to the pan on medium heat. When hot, add tablespoonfuls of the bean mixture. Fry on one side until golden brown and crispy (about 3 minutes). Flip over for a further three minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Season with fresh black pepper and sea salt.
It has everything yummy in it with an extra dose of veggies. Yum.
Makes 3 rolls
3 nori sheets
1 cup of rice
Splash of almond milk
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, sliced
1/2 an avocado, sliced
1. Cook the rice as per the instructions (as a rice addict, I naturally use my rice cooker for this step).
2. Set the rice apart to cool down.
3. In a cup, mix the two eggs with the pepper and almond milk and beat with a fork.
4. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan and put the egg mixture in the pan. Stir and scrape continuously until the eggs are cooked through.
5. Set the eggs aside to cool down.
6. Spread a nori sheet onto a rolling mat and add a two tablespoons of cooked rice on top. Spread evenly.
7. In a neat row in the center of the rice, add a third of the cooked egg, spinach and avocado.
8. Wet the rims of the nori sheets slightly so that they stick together better.
9. Roll tightly into a wrap and cut in half.
10. Repeat for 2 more nori sheets until the ingredients are finished.
11. Serve with a splash of soy sauce.